Monday, September 05, 2011

Humility, but not too much.




I will always remain true to who I am.
Both imperfections and perfections.
Something's will change about me; other aspects will stay the same.
I am a king in my own mind, and a prince amongst my loved ones.
I will taste death for the sake of honour, and not waste a moment in pursuit of vanity.
God's judgement is sufficient on the day of Judgement; but in the coming years ahead - his lessons manifest through the lessons I learn through people.
I am, at my best, a humble man.
I am, at my worst, an anxious man.
I am, on a daily basis, a man with one thing to prove.
That anyone can do well; anyone can become educated; anyone can ascend; anyone can love; anyone can prosper.
In this life, and the hereafter.
I am, a humble man.
But every so often I loose my humility and exchange it for pride.
This pride be sinful? I'm not sure.
But it is in self-defense; in defense of my humble nature.
I'm tired of being spoken to as if my words have little weight.
I'll honour and respect you, but I ask of you for one favor in return.
Don't you dare stomp on my humility, because it doesn't take kindly to your pride.




No comments: